Thursday, March 7, 2013

Water Shortage, Driving and Horrid Abominations




Well, Hello again.


It's been quite a busy week, so I havn't really had the time to write until now.
Not that I have that much time now either...

This week of school has not been pleasant, but enough of that; I already complained about school before the week even really began.



I don't really know what to write about yet, but I might come up with something, possibly...

What I feel like writing about is dreaming in general, and other endless mysteries of the subconscious mind. Sadly however, topics of such nature demand too much time, time that I don't have right now. Instead, I am going to share with you an interesting dream that I experienced a couple of nights ago.

There isn't necessarily anything that astonishing about my dream, and many of you readers might already have heard me tell about it, but since I vowed myself to write something here today I might aswell write about this nighttime event.


I don't remember exactly how the dream started out, but at some point I found myself in my bathroom. This part of my dream was very realistic, and I did of course not realize that I was dreaming. I noticed that I was very thirsty, and my throat felt more dry than ever before.

My instinctive reaction to the feeling of thirst was obviously to drink water from the water tap next to me. So I did. For some reason I didn't find it to be weird that I had one of the glasses that are usually downstairs with me in the bathroom (If you for some reason didn't realize, I was upstairs, and so far I have never seen one of those glasses visit the upper bathroom).

I filled the glass with water and drank it. This is where the dream started to reveal its disconnection to the waking world.

Even though I emptied the entire glass, the strong feeling of thirst never disappeared. So I drank another glass full, followed by yet another one. I could feel the liquid flowing down my throat, but It didn't affect the sensation of thirst.

I remember drinking about twenty glasses or so. I had at this point begun wondering about two things that were weird. One: I had somehow fitted several liters of water inside me, without feeling like I had drank or eaten anything at all. Two: I figured it was strange that I had somehow avoided water poisoning, which I should have become, considering all that I had drunk.

I don't remember anything of the dream beyond this point, but I think that that is about when I woke up.


The most interesting fact about the whole happening, is that when I woke up, I was as thirsty as I had been in the dream.
Stupid and tired as I was, I didn't rise up from my bed in order to stimulate my thirst, but I went back to sleep, not to awaken until several hours later. Of course I was even thirstier then, and began my morning by drinking loads, though not as much as I did in my dream.


This dream was just an example of something much more fascinating; the interaction between dreams and reality.

Not everyone remember their dreams, but I'm sure that some of you readers do.
Have you ever experienced something similar to this? An example would be being woken up by someone's voice, the sound making an impact on your dream, affecting it for a moment until you wake up.

Those are some of the dreams you are most probable not to forget, since it's much easier to remember dreams that you've had close to waking up.


Enough of that for now.



So I've begun studying for my drivers license.

I don't really have anything intriguing to say about that. I just mentioned it, since I thought I might as well post a picture that I drew during one of my theory classes. The picture really brings out my creativity when it comes to what to draw (that was sarcasm).




As you can see, I aslo put a picture of paper folded into a pyramid of some sort. Why did I do that? If you look closely, you can spot a part of the car in the lower-left corner. That is the same paper.

I realize that you are not impressed by the origami that I made, nor are you supposed to be.
I just thought it might be fun to mention that the paper pyramid is actually designed by myself.

One day, many years ago, I was bored. So I grabbed a paper, and folded it randomly.

After only a couple of minutes I had by accident folded a shape, not unlike the one you just saw. I know close to nothing of folding paper or how to calculate the outcomes of my folds, but still I somehow accomplished creating that shape. I had entirely forgotten how to make a pyramid of paper until recently, when I was suddenly enlighted with the memory of how to fold them.
For some wierd reason folding that shape is extremely satisfying for me (The more you know)...


I cannot believe I actually wrote that many sentences about that paper, In contrast to my previous entry this one must be horrible (as will the music piece that I'll soon post be)... I'm sorry for boring you all...


Anyhow, drawing that car was surprisingly difficult for me, demanding some effort. Not the drawing itself really, but the angles. I really envy people that are talented when it comes to drawing. I for once cannot succesfully keep a picture in my head for a long time, nor draw it on paper.

I shouldn't complain too much though. I havn't practised my drawing much at all. I mostly doodle during lessons of differing kinds. Still, It would be fun to be skilled at creating art such as OneSketchist does. I'm especially bad when it comes to shading.



I'm running out of time, but I'll post one more thing.

So I noticed I havn't made music for a while, and I wanted to make something quick for this blog. Unfortunately, I failed drastically...


I only had one and a half hour to make this composition that is about one and a half minute in length.

Since I was in a hurry, I hastily came up with a few chord combinations to use, after which I semi-improvised (following the chords) five tracks with five different instruments: (Jazz)-Flute, Piano, Strings, Choir and a Violin.

Even at the beginning, the flute didn't sound good. I figured the song might still be possible to save by adding a few more instruments. Needless to say, I was wrong.

I didn't have time to try many times per instrument, so if I made mistakes, I left them there.

This resulted in the instruments not even beeing fully in sync. The instruments don't really fit together like this. The melody and chords aren't that interesting. It might hurt your ears and give you a headache. It's weirdly put together. It has a weird ending that doesn't fit. Even the recording while transferring the file to my computer was poorly executed.


So here you can listen to the horrid abomination, named for what it really is.


When Something Goes REALLY Wrong (yourlisten.com)




I don't really like the composition at all, and you can feel free to criticize it all you like. That will only make me happy.

I might use some of the chord combinations later though...

 I'll try to make something better next time.




Which reminds me of that I'm supposed to stop writing now.


Yeah... Let's do that.



Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment